For a leading private equity firm in Northern Europe, we are looking for a Benelux Associate specific with a strategy consulting background. As an Associate you will work in a small team of highly talented investment professionals and will be centrally involved in the appraisal of potential investment opportunities (both quantitative and qualitative), deal structuring and execution of transactions in the Benelux region. The position will be based in Amsterdam.
Key responsibilities and tasks
It is a 360 degree investing role and it is expected that the Associate is mature and commercially strong enough to work closely together with the portfolio company management teams and advisors. Working as an Associate implies working independently, but as part of the Benelux Equity Team.
Important work elements are:
- Strategic and financial analysis;
- Appraisal of investment opportunities;
- Company valuations;
- Coordination of due diligence processes;
- Assisting in negotiations with (potential) investments;
- Participation in projects on behalf of the portfolio companies.
- 2 to 5 years of progressive experience with a Tier 1 strategy consulting firm;
- Strong education background, MBA is a plus;
- Extra curricular activities;
- Experience includes industry assessments, analyses, market and competitor assessments and/or (commercial) due diligence within various environments;
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Adds value to the firm, exhibits drive and motivation, resourcefulness and the ability to find practical solutions when obstacles arise, uses resources effectively, looks for ways to increase efficiency of the group with a positive attitude;
- Confident approach, develops an opinion and has a willingness to contribute;
- Firm contributions and leadership, possess confidence when stating a point of view regarding an investment opportunity, has the ability to interact with and articulately communicate with all levels of employees, management teams and investors;
- Team commitment and team development, maintains a positive, professional attitude and sets a positive example, has the ability to maintain professional demeanor and integrity during high-pressure or crisis situations, always displays highest ethical standards;
- Good interpersonal judgement and skills (peer relationships, impression on clients).
- Strong qualitative, quantitative and analytical skill with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Autonomous, self-starter and a curious mind-set;
- Strong presence and confidence, able to deal with complex and though situations and people;
- Appreciative of, and ability to work with, various professionals in large sized companies;
- High flexibility in style to deal with different types of people;
- Sophisticated, but not flashy and over-the-top;
- Committed, determined and stress-resistant;
- Loyal and willing to commit for the long term.
Do you want to work in a leading investment firm, with a passion for developing companies into great and sustainable companies? Who focus on growth, both in terms of people, investment and region? And embracing a number of key values: Ambitious, High performing, Respectful, Industrial, Entrepreneurial, Informal, Transparent within this leading investment firm.
Should you be interested in this position, please upload your resume together with a short motivation via https://www.yess.nl/nl/#carriere. Please refer to the position “Associate, reference number 935945″ in the subjectline.
You can click here for a complete overview of our vacancies. Are you interested in receiving our newsletter every 3 months? Follow YESS online and subscribe to #YESSNEWSS to explore our latest articles, interviews and updates.