Our client is an international maritime supply chain solutions organisation whose core business is to develop/operate and manage maritime supply chain solutions for industrial customers in target industry sectors. They have a diversified European geographical presence with terminals, creating an integrated network in key strategic ports across Europe. The company is owned by international private equity investors.
For this organisation we are looking for a Financial Controller with broad responsibilities.
As a member of the Group Finance team, the Financial Controller ensures that the consolidation and reporting process operates within a sound control framework and executes an effective and strict performance management process. The Financial Controller will report to the Group Controller.
• The Financial Controller is accountable for reliable and timely business and financial consolidation and reporting of the company, including the continuous improvement projects in this area
• The Financial Controller is responsible for the consolidated financial statements and supports the annual financial statement audit process.
• Other accountabilities are the training and development of finance colleagues in the countries and the maintenance and further development of the Chart of Accounts
• The Financial Controller maintains HFM: for every closing cycle for both actuals and business planning: ownership, currency rates, metadata, webforms; continuous development (cashflow automation, validations, analytical accounts / KPI’s); and coordinates together with IT changes, maintenance and support executed by external support partners
• The Financial Controller is a true business and sparring partner for the finance communities in the countries, including: IFRS compliance, accounting for transactions, HFM support, and financial close process.
• 5+ years of experience in a large accounting firm, or as financial controller in a medium-to large company;
• Some experience with consolidation processes and software;
• High level of written and oral communication skills in English;
• Affinity with project management and continuous improvement in a financial control context;
• A Master’s degree in accounting or business finance.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your resume together with a short motivation by email via https://www.yess.nl/career. Please refer to the position “European Pricing Manager” in the subject of your email.
You can click here for a complete overview of our vacancies. Are you interested in receiving our newsletter every 3 months? Follow YESS online and subscribe to #YESSNEWSS to explore our latest articles, interviews and updates.