For an established independent corporate finance advisory boutique, located in Amsterdam, we are looking for a Head of Debt Advisory. Despite the fact that this boutique has worked on several (re)financing and restructuring projects in the past 10 years, the focus has been more on the M&A business. To establish a market leading position in the Dutch/European Debt Advisory Markets, they are looking for a new team member who will set up the Debt Advisory business.
Key responsibilities and tasks
The Head of Debt Advisory will be responsible for:
- Setting up and execution of a business plan for all Debt Advisory activities;
- Taking the lead on the marketing and execution of Debt Advisory mandates;
- Overall process lead and day-to-day interaction with juniors and seniors internally, as well as clients externally;
- Undertaking and/or supervising capital structure analyses and other financial modelling;
- Conducting new business presentations and developing ideas for new business at relevant client level;
- Manage the debt advisory team which is expected to gradually expand;
- Engaging in product and technical development of junior members of the team on a continuing basis;
- Contributing to the development of the team, the business and the firm in general.
- University Degree (Master’s)
- 8+ years of debt advisory / capital structuring / leveraged finance / corporate lending / restructuring experience;
- First class experience required of financial modelling and analysis, valuation techniques, presentation preparation and due diligence;
- Proven ability to comfortably interact and develop good working relationships with business clients and management;
- Excellent relationship-building skills, maturity, good judgment and an ability to work with, and establish trust and credibility with at all inside and outside professionals;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively in presentations; expressing complex financial strategies in an organized and articulate manner;
- Ability to delegate effectively and pay attention to detail while maintaining a high level of productivity.
- Entrepreneurial and pro-active mind set;
- Commercially oriented;
- Result-oriented with a focus on details;
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical skills;
- Effective communicator;
- Extensive and relevant network and strong product (debt) knowledge.
- Opportunity to become part of an established and expanding independent advisory boutique in The Netherlands;
- Truly independent with a relationship driven (as opposed to transaction driven) approach;
- Strong ambition to become a key player in the Dutch/European Debt Advisory market with a pivotal role for Head of Debt Advisory;
- Extensive network of Corporates, PE houses, Family-owned Businesses and entrepreneurs that can be leveraged on to further roll-out the Debt Advisory services;
- Highly experienced team of seniors supported by a pool of talented and passionate juniors;
- Entrepreneurial, no-nonsense and professional environment with ample room for own responsibility and initiative;
- Competitive salary package.
Should you be interested in this position, please upload your resume together with a short motivation via https://www.yess.nl/nl/#carreer. Please refer to the position “Head of Debt Advisory, reference number 935934″ in the subjectline.
You can click here for a complete overview of our vacancies. Are you interested in receiving our newsletter every 3 months? Follow YESS online and subscribe to #YESSNEWSS to explore our latest articles, interviews and updates.