For our client, HES International, we are looking for an experienced and technically skilled Head of Group Accounting & Tax at its Head Office in Rotterdam.
HES International is owned by Goldman Sachs and Macquarie and provides logistical services in European deep seaports. The company is specialized in the transhipment, storage, blending and processing of dry bulk and liquid bulk products.
HES International pursues the further development of European dry and liquid bulk terminals and aims to create a diversified asset portfolio through greenfield development and the acquisition of existing terminals.
HES is looking for a Head of Group Accounting & Tax at its Head Office in Rotterdam.
Since this is a new position, The Financial Controller needs to be self-starting and proactive, but also hands-on and cooperative. He/she will work closely with the entire finance team at the head office and will be in regular contact with the Finance Managers and financial teams at the different sites. As the finance team of the Head Office is small, all members of the team are flexible in which tasks and responsibilities they take depending on the workload for the team.
Main responsibilities in the position will be:
- Ensuring all companies within the Group adhere to IFRS in all material respects;
- Running the year-end process from planning to filing the audited consolidated accounts; automating the process to the extent possible;
- Being the primary contact for the external auditors;
- Running the quarterly hard close analysis ;
- Educating responsible staff at the companies across the Group in the area of IFRS accounting and HES’s reporting guidelines and requirements;
- Expediently solving ad hoc accounting/auditing matters arising anywhere in the Group;
- Liaising with controllers, corporate finance, bookkeeping and legal when needed in order to fulfil the tasks listed above.
- Ensuring timely and accurate filing of tax returns;
- Being the primary contact for the Tax inspectorate and external advisers in the Netherlands as far as the Dutch CIT fiscal unity is concerned, as well as all VAT and Wage tax matters of the holding;
- Working together with external advisers to identify and realize international and/or local tax optimization opportunities across the Group;
- Signalling and resolving tax risks as they may arise anywhere in the Group.
- Academic degree;
- A minimum working experience of 8 years in a combination of Audit at big 4 and financial control at holding / HQ level, preferably in an international company in a B2B heavy asset environment;
- Good foundational knowledge of IFRS
- Experience with preparing or auditing consolidated financial statements;
- Experience with Exact and / or Tagetik is a pro;
- Proficiency with MS Office;
- Knowledge of Dutch corporate taxation;
- Fluency in Dutch and English (written and oral).
Please send your resume together with a short motivation by email to email@example.com.