We are looking for an HR Director Netherlands for an international organisation that provides digital and physical supply chain solutions to many of the world’s leading brands across a diverse range of industries.
Our client provides digital and physical supply chain solutions to many of the world’s leading brands across a diverse range of industries, including consumer electronics, telecommunications, computing and storage, software and content, consumer packaged goods, medical devices, retail and luxury, and connected devices.
With a global footprint spanning North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific, the Company’s solutions and services are designed to improve end-to-end supply chains in order to drive growth, lower costs, and improve profitability.
HR Director Netherlands
The HR Director is part of the MT and has broad HR responsibilities, such as planning, organizing and directing the HR function for the Dutch organization. The HR Director will oversee the development, recommendation, and promotion of comprehensive policies, procedures and programs. He or she will direct all generalist HR activities to include strategic partnering with executives and line management and proactively identify opportunities to manage issues impacting overall company goals.
The HR Director will be responsible for two locations in the Netherlands in the Nijmegen Area, in total 350 employees of which 150 people on a flexible basis. The HR Director manages a small team of two HR professionals.
Essential job responsibilities:
- Work as an active business partner to executives and leadership, serve as the primary resource for all aspects of HR including regulatory compliance, employee relations, contingent workforce program administration, salary and wage administration, benefits administration, talent acquisition, organizational development, and workers’ compensation.
- Set strategy for, provide leadership to and oversee the contingent workforce program. The HR Director will drive cost reduction, minimize risk and implement continuous improvement.
- Own and oversee the contracts and performance management, SLA, KPI’s for the approved vendors for the contingent workforce.
- Participates in the development of all HR objectives, Human Capital philosophies and strategic planning in relation to programs and trends in HR management. Translates global HR policies to the Dutch and European situation.
- Oversee recruitment advertising, applicant selection, pre-employment/post-offer screening processes, etc.
- Direct employee relations functions.
- Conduct and arrange management training seminars to ensure that the management team is abreast of policies and procedures as well as other legal and regulatory compliance issues.
- Maintain an in-depth and current knowledge of legal compliance issues, trends and best practices in the HR field.
- Recommend the company’s overall compensation program.
- Responsible for preparing and securing HR budgets.
- Responsible for performing monthly, quarterly and annual headcount and metric forecasting. Maintain and analyze historical data within modeled databases including maintaining accurate seasonal factors, holiday factors, etc.
- Practice and adhere to the “code of conduct” philosophy and “mission and value statement”.
Background and Experience
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a business-oriented HR management role in a matrix organization;
- Completed Master’s degree in Economics/Business Administration or HR related education;
- Successful track record in change, improvement and professional processes;
- Experience in a midsized, industrial / logistics company is a plus ;
- Fluency, both written and oral, in English is required;
- Result oriented
- Proactive, energetic and business minded
- Strategic thinker but at the same time hands-on when needed
- Balanced and structured
- Organisational agility, especially in an informal company culture
Should you be interested in this position, please send your resume together with a short motivation by email to Bernice.Juk@yess.nl. Please refer to the position “HR Director Netherlands” in the subject of your email.
You can click here for a complete overview of our vacancies. Are you interested in receiving our newsletter every 3 months? Follow YESS online and subscribe to #YESSNEWSS to explore our latest articles, interviews, and updates.